An interesting view of the hidden cost of Vista

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Mon Jan 15 12:20:38 CST 2007

Frank Gentges wrote:
> As a matter of fact, it does not look like a good system to run a word
> processor under.  Way too many processor cycles seem to be devoted to
> solving HD TV problems I don't yet know I have.
Microsoft wants you to learn about these problems  :-)
Yes, that's a very famous analysis, and it made the phrase, "the longest
suicide note in history" synonymous with Windows Vista.
> Why should I be forced to go out and buy a supercharged 3+ gig gaming
> machine just so I can run Microsoft's latest word processing package?

I assume that in a year or two, all new  computers will be pre-loaded
with Vista. That is the problem .
> I have better options.

MicroCenter is now offering lower-priced desktops with Linux. Could this
start a trend ?
(Interestingly, there were no laptops pre-loaded with Linux)

73
André