Email robots on HF bands

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Mar 24 07:07:34 CDT 2007

I think we have been duped by chicken little..

Winlink HF mail box systems do not TX on their own.  They only
RESPOND to a sentient human logon request.  It is the
responsibility of those human operators to listen to the
frequency first before logging on.

I think
Bob, WB4APR

advantage
> of the fact
> that CW has been dropped as a requirement, basically leaving
> only RTTY and
> Data as important modes in the eyes of the ARRL. You may
notice
> the complete absence of CW as a mode in the table of HF modes
> attached to the
> ARRL's Ex-parte attempted modification to RM-11306, which may
> or may not
> actually be allowed, since it basically scraps the concept of
> segmentation by
> bandwidth and preserves segmentation by mode for all bands
> under 10m. I
> don't see how the FCC can accept this magnitude of change to
RM-11306