Email robots on HF bands

Nan and Sandy Sanders esanders at erols.com
Sat Mar 24 10:32:27 CDT 2007

Bob, do the robots listen at all before they respond? Say requester
at location A has propagation only to a robot at location B. Location
B also has a path to locations C and D where a QSO between 2 RTTY
stations is going on. Requester at A not hearing C or D sends a
request to robot at B and the request is decoded through the signals
from D or E, will the robot start transmitting on to of the QSO
between C and D?
         Sandy
         WB5MMB

At 8:07 AM 3/24/2007, Robert Bruninga wrote:
>I think we have been duped by chicken little..
>
>Winlink HF mail box systems do not TX on their own.  They only
>RESPOND to a sentient human logon request.  It is the
>responsibility of those human operators to listen to the
>frequency first before logging on.
>
>I think
>Bob, WB4APR