Fw: Re: Prices are really falling

riese-k3djc at juno.com riese-k3djc at juno.com
Thu Sep 6 15:37:34 CDT 2007

any idea how long the betteries last before recharging

Bob K3DJC

yes, that the idea; the computer itself is advertised at $299  and $75
additional for 1 GB, and Dual core processor
That's why I wrote that for $375, this looks like a pretty good deal :-)
73
André  N4ICK
*******************************
Terry Fox wrote:
Be careful, however.  I bought a new Toshiba laptop a couple months back
for
my father-in-law.  It works great, but with only 512MB RAM, Vista is VERY
SLOW.  It is a Core 2 Duo, not Celery.  Sharing memory between the video
and
CPUs is the main cuplrit, I believe.

If you run Vista, make sure you get at least 1GB RAM, 2GB would be
better.
Spend the money on the RAM upgrade.
Terry