Fw: Digital to Analog Transition for Wireless Phone Service

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Fri Oct 5 06:08:37 CDT 2007

Paul Rinaldo wrote:

> [...]

yeah, digital cellphones in boats don't work nearly as well
as the analog phones. with digital phones, it tends to
be binary - it works completely or it works not at all.
there's no notion of "noisy but readable" that adds
multiple miles to analog coverage out into the ocean.

oh well - file this under "declared progress"

	-mo