Tacos Subject Lines (Lack of value)

John Teller jsteller at spottydog.us
Thu Dec 20 16:42:35 CST 2007

I am sorry I offered up something that didn't captivate your interest.
The link was to a Linux based firewall/router that consumes very little
in the way of system resources and runs happily on a 200 MHz Pentium.  I
currently use an old PC that runs OpenBSD with pf.  It has been very
reliable and secure, but must be maintained manually, which can be
tiresome at times.

Plenty of fascinating things have been posted here, and a few that bored
me to tears - but I have not complain about the latter. Many a "this is
cute" link has lead me to some very interesting information, and that
more than makes up for any perceived faults.  Perhaps if we instituted
rigorous posting guidelines, then nothing of interest would be posted at
all.  The impulse to share would be squashed out of fear of reprisal and
censure.  If you want "value" - why not pay for it?  Sites like
LexisNexis and the Wall Street Journal provide extremely dense and
targeted information to their clientèle, but at a huge premium.

If what I'm interested in puts you to sleep that's fine - just add my
address to your killfile, or have Maitland ban me from the list if
that's the consensus here.

--- John Teller