Got to meet Mr. Robert Bruninga & 6m Packet mod Project

Michael Chisena ka2zev at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 20:48:39 CST 2008

All,
  I handed a modified radio off to Mr B last night.
  Cool dude, very sharp.
  This is going to be one heck of a project.

  The mod was to make simple the process of  hooking up the radio to the TNC.

  I'm in the process of documenting the conversion of the Midland 6m radio to connect with a Packet TNC. Will post photos and comments on Flickr, the Yahoo photo service.

  All the mods live in the control head of the radio. Switch, wire, heat shrink tubing, screw drivers, and drill bits.

  I add a switch to select between sending the receive audio from the speaker or to the un used pin on the microphone jack.

  Packets are useful things to have, but I for one don't find them music to the ears. A couple of data blatts and I'm looking for something else to listen to.

  That way one wire  interfaces the radio to the TNC.

  Keep it safe
  Mike

"You are, what you do, when it counts"
The Masso

"Gravity, the quickest way down"
Mayor John Almafi

"You ever drop an egg, and on the floor you see it break?

You go and get a mop so you can clean up your mistake.

But did you ever stop to ponder why we know it's true?

If you drop a broken egg you will not get an egg that's new?"

MC Hawking