6 Meter long wire matching

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jan 5 20:11:16 CST 2008

> If you are using it only on 6 meters then
> you do not need to get an impeadance transformer.
> Just hook coax directly to the wire a quarter
> wave from the end away from where you want the gain.

But when I modeled it on EZNEC, I get about 400 ohms at that point.  Yes, it is mostly resistive, but it is around 400 ohms.  Hence, I don't need a tuner or matching system other than just an impedance transformation that I can simply do with 1/4 wave of about 140 ohm line.

So to get 140 ohm line, I am trying to remember the trick o using two lengths of 70 ohm line... but dont remember what to do with the shields.

Bob, Wb4APR