Tv NEC model CT-2070S Z Channel goes to 55 only

Bob Rice, KG4RRN kg4rrn at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 16:41:23 CST 2008

Hi all,
  Heard this was where to go to ask a stupid question so here it goes.
  I recently acquired a 20" NEC Stereo Tv vintage 1980.
  I have hooked Cox cable up to it and it will not go past 55 channels on the tv or
  the remote.What can be done to either clear it or have it deprogrammed?
  Heard Mr. Fox was the multi media expert with this.
  I e-mailed an expert with the pedigree in Electronic Engineering supposedly and he had no clue.
  I feel the problem lies between the coax and IFB detector.
  Any thought(s) appreciated.as to how to clear it to recieve.
  I am missing MSNBC on 67 and CNN on 71 right now.
  It is not digital cable either, but we have it running without box from Cox.
  The TV has the following controls which are smallish tactile buttons on the front of the receiver...CHANNEL PRE SET (already tried)
  ANT PRESET (didnt know you could control ants with this)
  TV VIDEO AND STATUS.
  Many other small buttons on the front as well whciha have no fuction that pertains to the above.
  Would enjoy a manual , but could not find one.
  73,
  Bob Rice, KG4RRN