SDR-14 Used to copy Mars Phoenix Lander

Tom Azlin, N4ZPT n4zpt at cox.net
Wed May 28 11:39:31 CDT 2008

Hi Frank,

Pat can attest to my reaction when I saw that screen shot.  I sort of
said that I had that software and they much have an SDR-14. This was
quickly confirmed on the SDR reflectors.

So just how much path margin would one have with a 12 ft diameter C band
dish and a downconverter if we tried to see that 401 MHz signal coming
from Mars? That feed was coming from the Green Bank system!

Fun!

73, Tom n4zpt