Playing With UV LEDs

Robert Stratton bob at stratton.NET
Fri Jun 6 09:49:30 CDT 2008

On Jun 6, 2008, at 12:52 AM, Joseph Bento wrote:

> Now I just need to pick up a geiger counter.  The radiation from these
> marbles is low enough to be harmless, though apparently they will
> register on a counter.

If you want to have some real fun, check out the USB connected
counters at http://blackcatsystems.com

He has an assortment of check sources, counters, and software, as
well as some decent Mac ham radio software tools.

In the Northern Virginia area, we're on top of part of something
called the Reading Prong, a large granite formation that results in
some interesting background counts when it rains and the radon is
forced out of the ground.

--Bob S.