Finbar's Compact 500kHz Antenna]]

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Sat Jun 14 14:13:14 CDT 2008

I've been a bit out of touch with the happenings in the LF / MF
bands.  Are we likely to gain unrestricted access to 130khz and 500khz
in the USA?  If I'm not mistaken, I think the FCC has issued special
licenses for ham experimentation and beacons.  I think the British
hams have been granted access to 130khz.

At any rate, it'd be fun to scale this antenna to 160m.  I'm sure it
must have one heck of a ground plane to work effectively.

73,
Joe, N6DGY
Pleasant Grove, UT