Field Day in McLean - YES, I CAN !

Bob Rice, KG4RRN kg4rrn at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 15:43:35 CDT 2008

Good Afternoon fellow Taconistas,
This breaking news bulletin is intended for anyone who wishes to have a station set up for Field Day in McLean. I have procured the land, a generator, a few ladders and promise to feed whoever the other 2-3 lucky taconistas are who will be available to get Field Day up and running. The location is 123 in the Field at Buchanan St. just east of where Dolly Madison and Chain Bridge Road split off. You can go to www.arrl.org, click on the right Field Day logo and enter KG4RRN in the Search Box above, and you will get a detailed map with satellite view of the FD site. The designator will be 4A. I also have a GOTA station.
This will be a first for me, and I want it to be successful.
There is only one stipulation placed on me, by the landowner, he requests no more than 4 hams on site, overnight Saturday evening.
I can edit the ARRL site if we use a different callsign-- instead of KG4RRN, since I am still a tech.. Please contact me with any questions and I will do my best to get it answered.
I appreciate your assistance in this First McLean Field Day and look forward to making Qsos.
I am also requesting use of the repeater for talk in.
So far, I am getting lots of positive replies to my requests for materials, and I will do my best to get the stations together , so need a few hands and rigs.
Thanks for your help, and with a CAN DO attitude, it will be great to have this in McLean.
How's that for a Location ???
Regards, and 73~

Bob Rice, KG4RRN