Gee Whizzers, Batman! this is a freakin' CELLPHONE processor?

Michael O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Sun Aug 31 09:36:11 CDT 2008

there are some prototyping boards available for the part
with it already mounted. these are for supporting people
building cellphones with the part (it's intended purpose).
there is a Linux port that runs on the ARM and has stuff
for talking to the rest of the beast. i believe it's
an early target for Android (the GoogleFon code).

i'm not suggesting it's an ideal home-brewing part,
but it indicative of what's coming. coupled with
agile RF, an SDR-based handheld with color 3D waterfall
and Panadator displays is technically possible now.
from 2m-5GHz all modes, analog and digital, currently known
and as yet unknown.

"The best way to tell the future is to invent it."
	-- Alan Kay, inventor of Smalltalk and the personal computer

	-mo

PS - if you haven't played with SQUEAK, you owe it to yourself to
download the system and have a poke.  www.squeak.org