How to convert to Digital TV

Will Russell will7777r at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 22 11:36:38 CDT 2008

Um.  A few musings about this.

My ISP (Verizon) returns the following message when trying to follow the instructions on the video:
"Sorry, 'www.dtvtransition.gov' does not exist or is not available"

One wonders if this because Verizon has a conflict of interest and would like to promote FIOS TV?

A less humorous but more factual guide is at http://vidego.multicastmedia.com/player.php?v=pu6jl1tm
However, it doesn't give an obvious link to a site to obtain the coupons.  It clearly is more interested in the viewer buying a digital set or subscribing to cable services.

At the government site: https://www.dtv2009.gov/ApplyCoupon.aspx
there is a form to fill out to apply for a coupon. Unfortunately, after completing it, the form is refreshed blank with no indication of whether the submission was received.

I'm not completely against getting a new set and replacing my aging box, but this charade galls me.  (And, if I do get a new set there might be some life left in the old one as a second in the house.)

Will Russell