Incoming President Requests DTV Cutover Delay

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 24 09:07:38 CST 2009

Will,

I did some of that testing.  We got several units from others and tested
them with the same antenna and attenuator.  I then noted the attenuator
setting for each unit.

In the end, all units were very similar in sensitivity.  I did not find
that one model that would be significantly better than the others.  With
similar components available to all makers and the lack of a design
flaw, this is pretty much what you would expect.

I did notice some real differences in features related to decoding and
displaying station menus.  All the units get the data but some choose to
show a lot and some very little.

Frank K0BRA