Incoming President Requests DTV Cutover Delay

Michael O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Sat Jan 24 13:12:29 CST 2009

i would bet a large beer that there's at most two
really different hardware designs in the boxes.
things like this these days are almost always
"reference designs" supplied by the chip companies
and built by the white-box ODMs in Asia. sometimes
they change the shape of the circuit boards just
for "differentiation", but more often, it just
the case clamshells that are different.

	-mo

ps - anyone cracked several of the boxes open
to see whose parts are inside?