WTB Transistor array

Michael Chisena ka2zev at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 12:33:07 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm looking for an array of heavy NPN transistors to make a high current DC power supply test load.

Got a couple of Astron 50 amp units to repair, and my home made load tends to smoke when more than 20 amps are run through it.

If you have something sutable, shoot me an e mail.

I'm thinking...

Eight or more transistors in parallel

emitter resistors

all mounted to a stiff circuit board on a good sized heat sink.

Beauty is not a requirement.

It just has to run or can be made to run without a whole lot of trouble.

Thanks in advance
Mike
ka2zev at yahoo.com

"You are, what you do, when it counts"
The Masso

"Gravity, the quickest way down"
Mayor John Almafi

"You ever drop an egg, and on the floor you see it break?

You go and get a mop so you can clean up your mistake.

But did you ever stop to ponder why we know it's true?

If you drop a broken egg you will not get an egg that's new?"

MC Hawking