Mathematics and formatting]

andre kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Tue Jun 9 16:46:22 CDT 2009

Gang,
After my recent posting on Tacos re Equations, I received the very
helpful following message from Karl W4KRL
Word 2003 has a clunkier way of doing it:

1.    Click where you want to insert the equation.
2.    On the Insert menu, click Object, and then click the Create New tab.
3.    In the Object type box, click Microsoft Equation 3.0.
4.    Click OK.
5.    Build the equation by selecting symbols from the Equation toolbar
and by typing variables and numbers. From the top row of the Equation
toolbar, you can choose from more than 150 mathematical symbols. From
the bottom row, you can choose from a variety of templates or frameworks
that contain symbols such as fractions, integrals, and summations.
If you need help, click Equation Editor Help Topics on the Help menu.
6.    To return to Microsoft Word, click the Word document.

73
André N4ICK

Andre,

In Word 2007: choose the Insert menu, choose Equation, select "accent",
select "bar". Hit the left arrow key to move cursor under the bar. Type
in any number of characters. Hit the right arrow key to proceed.

It sounds clunkier than it is.

73 Karl W4KRL