TechShop

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Thu Jun 18 23:05:24 CDT 2009

On Jun 18, 2009, at 9:44 PM, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

> Joseph Bento wrote:
>>> I never realized that Raleigh / Durham was such a tech hot spot.
>
> Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill has been a tech hot spot for longer than
> I've been alive.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_Triangle_Park

Where have I been?  I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay
Area, and grew up with the Silicon Valley.

I was aware there were a 'few' companies in the Raleigh area, but I
had no idea to the extent in that wikipedia article.  If I had known
15 years ago when I got out of the Navy that Raleigh was a tech mecca,
my career might have turned out differently.  I should have read the
trade journals rather than the hobby magazines.

Joe, N6DGY