[QST de K4LRG] WAGE Radio

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 4 12:27:04 CDT 2009

Norm,

The WAGE owners, New World Radio, has submitted to the FCC to build a
50kw directional AM station.  They are looking to be on the air the
first quarter of 2010 according to this article.  That is not very long.

The new location is just off of the Loudoun County Parkway a short
distance up from Rt7 on a swampy area that the county has built a water
and/or sewage plant on.  You will know the place when you see a sign
about it being a wildlife reserve.

Someone posted on the LARG reflector about the application with the FCC
some time back and I went over to the coordinates to see just where is
is going to be.

It is not too far from my lab and I wonder if I will get RF burns off of
my screwdrivers here.  Your quietness there will be replaced by my
having an intense RF field.  :-)

Frank K0BRA