Crepitation Contest

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 17 17:13:55 CDT 2009

Somehow, George and I got into a short discussion of the crepitation
contest at tacos today.  I first heard it years ago and it was many
generations from the original recording.

My friend that had it worked at Mutual Broadcasting Network and thought
it had come from some spare time they had there.  It looks now like it
came from our Canadian friends and then from Columbia records.

A much better version is now out on the Internet.  This version is
almost free of the pops and cracks that came with old records.  It is
nice to hear it in the original quality.  It is classic potty humor. See

http://randsesotericotr.podbean.com/2008/05/14/the-great-crepitation-contest-of-1946/

Frank K0BRA