AMRAD HacDC FPGA Design Lectures Week 2

Frank Gentges metavox at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 22 15:09:09 CDT 2009

We had a good session last night here at the lab.  The videos from HacDC
were played and copies of the slides were handed out.  This worked well
and we could pause the video to discuss a point here and there and write
on the slides as needed.

An article in EDN was appropriate to this project and showed how we will
be looking down the barrel of some simulation vs real world problems.
This will be especially troublesome as we try to speed the processing
for signals from the Charleston receiver.  It is a good article to read
for all of us.  See

http://www.edn.com/contents/images/6702270.pdf

Just a reminder that the HacDC web page is at

http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php?title=FPGA_Workshop

and the videos are at

http://www.seastrom.com/hacdc-fpga/

Plan to come out next week as we play the next installment.

Frank K0BRA