RFI from LED "lightbulbs?"

Robert Stratton bob at stratton.net
Sat Nov 14 09:40:38 CST 2009

Folks,
I'm figuring someone here has probably tried out some of these LED
lightbulb replacements. For all of the reasons discussed previously,
I'm not a particularly big fan of CFLs, and have enough trouble with
RFI from everything else in and near my house without adding more.

Do any of you have a sense of how noisy the drive circuitry for these
LED lightbulbs are? I'm assuming that the more featureful they are,
the more logic they include, but I haven't seen much commentary yet
about EMI/RFI, in contrast to the CFL horror stories.

Thanks,
--Bob