RFI from LED "lightbulbs?"

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Sat Nov 14 21:22:31 CST 2009

I went to St John in VI for a medical meeting last January.  Happened to be the 160 Phone contest.  Took along a QS1R to listen in from down there.  Strung out about 100 ft of fine wire in the Resort trees about noon and was pleased with what I could hear.  Came back after dark and noise was S9+.  Every balcony had two CFLs and I could barely hear the local AM station.  Betting that with the LEDs switching on and off that they would not pass the Eu rules on stuff going back into the line.

N0UU