Radio Shack(s)

Frank Gentges metavox at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 19 09:44:35 CST 2009

André and all,

I needed an F to PL-259 adapter this last weekend to finish up the RF to
antenna link for the IRLP.  I tried the RS at Dranesville and then at Rt
7 in Tysons and neither stocked these anymore.

I think each RS orders stock from a prepared menu.  If they want other
things, they can also stock them if they choose.  If we were to frequent
a particular RS and encourage them to stock more of the parts we need,
they would be very useful to all of us.

Given that we have an RS with a knowledgeable ham on board, perhaps we
should frequent them for our purchases.  Seeing how almost all of the
Radio TV parts repair houses have closed up, we should keep the
remaining ones open with our business.  It is good you have found a good
place to frequent.

Frank K0BRA