Fwd: Re: [digitalradio] A closer look at ROS]]

Tom Azlin N4ZPT n4zpt at cox.net
Mon Feb 22 10:31:36 CST 2010

That is similar to my question. What does the FCC define as spread
spectrum. AMRAD members who were part of the original request for SS
approval might know this.

Spreading is adding known redundancy otherwise you would not get
spreading gain. Using FEC is adding known redundance. 30 bps data
channel encoded to 300 baud using Multitone FSK then sounds the same.

So is this a big hoopla over nothing?  Thus my question to the AMRAD
wizards.

73, Tom n4zpt