British Electromagnetic Compatibility Industry Association Recommends Against BPL

Philip Miller Tate Philmt59 at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 15:19:06 CST 2010

Whoa there guys, let's not get over-excited. This is a well-
considered and erudite technical argument against the use of PLT/BPL,
but is no guarantee that anyone in government will pay a blind bit of
notice to it. One good bung from an appropriate vested interest will
have EMI dribbling out of every main socket yet.

However, one of the good things that the last Conservative government
did before the thirteen years of misery and penitude fell upon us was
to cable up the whole country for data services. It was a botched
job, farmed out to numerous small companies who made their own
choices whether to use optical fibre, copper coax or wet string as
they wished, but with the almost immediate demise of the cable TV for
which the service was originally intended, at least we have a
national data communications network which makes PLT totally
unnecessary. And we would never allow anything in Britain to happen
if it were totally unnecessary. Oh no.

Phil M1GWZ