Geiger kit and tubes at electronic goldmine

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Sat Apr 3 17:18:34 CDT 2010

the real frenzy about the neutron warhead was its
effectiveness against missiles still in their silos
without having to breech the blast doors.

a tomahawk could put a neutron warhead on the
center of the blast doors. several possible outcomes
from the neutron warhead detonation:
the warhead of the missile in the silo detonates to a
greater or lesser degree from the flux,
the warhead is neutered by transmutation from the flux,
the electronics is rendered brain-dead....
you get the idea.

hence, a neutron warhead, especially with a cruise missile,
is a launch-on-warning threat. the first time a tomahawk
even looked like it was headed their way, everything would
come out of the holes, even what would have been second-wave
hold-backs because they are dead if the neutron warheads
get to them.

that's why the Soviets got apoplectic about the neutron bomb.

	-mo

--
"Of course it's hard!
If it was easy, we'd be buying it from somebody else!"