A whole TI kit for $4.30

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Tue Jun 22 21:49:25 CDT 2010

Mike O'Dell <mo at loco.ccr.org> writes:

> many people using the Arduino are using Processing to generate
> code for the board. it is hardly mutant - it's a simplified
> dialect of Java blessed with a fabulous IDE and the environment
> makes it very easy to put part of a system in the Arduino
> and the rest of it in Processing back on some other host
> if necessary.

Right, "Processing" runs on an attached computer, with C code +
libraries on the Arduino...  like so:

http://accrochages.drone.ws/en/node/90

Not sure I've ever seen any Processing code that generated software
for, as opposed to talking to software running on, the arduino...  but
then again, I am inclined to write embedded-ish stuff on these
devices, not use them as comm front ends to a PC (though they excel at
that).

> Processing is "real-time grapics and audio programming for Artists"
> very cool, actually

Yeah, total agreement here; I just don't think of it as "software for
programming Arduinos" as opposed to "talking to", but I suppose at
some meta level that is hair-splitting.

-r