iPhone4 antenna issues

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Sat Jun 26 23:56:43 CDT 2010

On Jun 26, 2010, at 9:51 PM, <lstoskopf at cox.net> <lstoskopf at cox.net> wrote:

> I always thought that the metal part of the case was sort of 2 GHz waveguide sized.

Yes.  It deflects the RF directly into your brain.  Remember the '1984' Macintosh commercial?  That wasn't big brother, Bill Gates, or IBM - Apple intends to own you.

Seriously, that phone case may indeed be sized for 2GHz.  However, I can't imagine an engineer designing a phone that can only be held a certain way.  Also, with all the scare about RF exposure, if you interfere with the phone's signal pattern, it will likely increase its radiated power to maximum to try and compensate.  That new law that California is enacting will love this!

Joe, N6DGY