low cost 10 meter rig

Bill Liles lilesw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 06:50:22 CDT 2010

Folks, the new techs hams can use the old novice and tech HF spectrum.
 I am trying to find a low cost way for these new hams to get onto 10
meter SSB.  Does anyone have any ideas?  There are some 10 meter kits
available but still expensive.

Most of the high school students I run into have computers.  Is there
a cheap SDR option of using their computer for most of the processing?

I find that some kids get the tech license and all they ever find out
about is 2 meter repeaters and give it up.  I want to help their
interest grow.

Thoughts?

Bill NQ6Z