low cost 10 meter rig

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Tue Jul 6 11:49:09 CDT 2010

back 25 years ago when Techs first got a sliver of voice on 10m HF,
there was a spurt of cheap 10m-only SSB rigs that popped-up.
I know 'cause I bought one. in fact, my first HF QSO was DX -
Japan on 10m with a mag-mount 10m stick on my car! (2 solar cycles ago!)

Uniden and clones (President?) were pretty thick and cheap.
I suspect they shared a *lot* of circuitry with the SSB CB radios
made by the same suspects.

i have that radio *somewhere* and would be happy to loan it out
if i can find it (no promises). maybe there are a few more mouldering
in basements?

	-mo

--
"Of course it's hard!
If it was easy, we'd just buy it from somebody else!"