Loran C off the air

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Wed Aug 11 22:32:36 CDT 2010

Frankly, shutting down WWV, WWVL, WWVB would not be nearly the problem
of shutting down LORAN-C.

LORAN-C was both timing and location.  WWV... is just TIME.  Frankly,
it is useless for timing, since you don't really know the delays until
MUCH later when they publish the atmospheric delays.

WWV... doesn't give you any idea of where you are located.

--chip