For Kodachrome Fans, Road Ends at Photo Lab in Kansas - NYTimes.com

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Fri Dec 31 13:46:51 CST 2010

i know of several people who have successfully
processed Kodachrome themselves.

i wonder if some of those people are still around
and whether the chemistry will still be available
until Kodachrome stocks are completely gone?

as for print film, a friend who does film outdoor
photography in larger formats fell in love with
Ektar the first time he shot it.

I thought Kodak was still making their IR-sensitive
film for Scientific use. and are they still making
movie film?

I also know someone who once-upon-a-time bought
spools of Kodak's 35mm movie film and used his bulk-loader
to wind them them into 35mm still rolls. I wonder if that
gambit still works...

	-mo