Mobile DTV on the cheap

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jan 16 12:13:53 CST 2011

> With the switch from analog to digital my broadcast
> TV reception has been excellent. So much so that
> I've canceled cable service. In the Waldorf Maryland
> area I now receive 42 channels, far more than I have
> time for.

I'm in glen burnie with a tiny UHF yagi about a foot long (I think it was
the UHF portion of a much larger antenna I found in the dump.)  Its on my
chimney and we are not high at all.

With pre-amp mounted at the antenna and pointed to DC, I get 55 channels
(all the baltimiore channels come in off the back due to my proximity to
Baltimore).

Concur, no need for cable at all.

Bob, WB4APR

Richard