Mobile DTV on the cheap

Chip Fetrow chip at fetrow.org
Wed Jan 19 19:48:50 CST 2011

No station had higher digital power during the transition than they
did in the end, unless they were on VHF and moved to UHF.

I think the confusion comes from the old analog power, and the much
lower digital power.  "Digital gain" was supposed to allow for much
lower power, but now look at what is gong on.  Many, if not most,
stations have either applied for or already received power increases.
Still, they don't have the coverage they once did.  If they did, I
would have OTA TV at my house.

--chip