Phone Hacking

Mark Whittington markwhi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 01:31:15 CST 2011

I know that for some time (and possibly still) you could spoof your caller
ID with VoIP here in the US and use that to get into some voicemail systems
without a password.  You'd spoof the number you wanted access to and then
call into the voicemail retrieval system.  It would happily assume that
since you seemed to be calling from a subscriber number that you were the
subscriber.

Oops.