Phone Hacking

Robert Stratton bob at stratton.net
Sat Jan 22 12:42:31 CST 2011

I'm fairly certain that still works with most mobile carriers' voicemail systems in the U.S., unless users select the option to require entry of a PIN to access their messages.

Unethical members of the private investigation industry have been getting information from mobile carriers via pretext calls for years here. It wouldn't surprise me that reporters could take advantage of that in the U.K. as well.

--Bob S.