Fishing debris in space

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Sun Feb 6 22:07:06 CST 2011

Most debris is NOT de-orbited.  LEO stiff de-orbits itself.  MOST
geosynchronous stuff is actually sent UP.  Old satellites that were
once in geosynchronous or even higher orbits is sent into higher
orbits, allowed to crush itself into other other orbiting stuff, and
causing even more orbiting stuff.  It is the wild west up there.

--chip