AMRAD meeting no show

Tom Azlin N4ZPT n4zpt at cox.net
Sat Feb 12 10:30:55 CST 2011

One place to think about might be Oakton High School. They have enough
rooms that no matter what is going on at the school one room or another
is available. So you do not have to figure out how to game the system.
Vienna Wireless mostly meets in the lecture hall but sometimes is
shifted over to the Library but have always been able to meet there for
meetings and board meetings.  The HS is open year around until 10PM
except for snow days or school holidays. A non-profit amateur radio club
like AMRAD would likely not be charged anything. Plus we do get the use
of the projector and laptop in the lecture hall when we request it.
Thursday meetings might be even easier as there are no home football or
basketball games on those nights I think.

Oakton High School is over near the Vienna metro stop and is easy to get
to. One can also book out the details as soon as the school schedule is
set up for each semester. That does not affect the night we meet just
sometimes the room.  Plus there are "meeting rooms" available on other
nights, i.e. class rooms, for things like board meetings or project work.