AMRAD meeting no show

Chip Fetrow chip at fetrow.org
Sat Feb 12 00:28:16 CST 2011

I used to drive cars that people would point at and count the
antennas, including a Maserati.

I bought a Prius in 2002, and have yet to install an antenna.

I just got sick of hearing, "What's your 20?"  And, "I am at my home
QTH."

Q signals on voice is bad enough, but 10-codes is just far over the
top.  Even APCO wants to get rid of 10-codes.

Oh, my 1992 Civic had 10, 6, 2, 1.25 meters, 70, 23, and 13 CM. plus
HF from time to time.  The Maserati had 10, 6, 2 (TWICE) and 1.25
Meters, plus 70, 23, and 13 CM, plus every VHF Broadcast RPU frequency.

I had a company Blazer with the same set up, plus the lower power
(only 100 Watt) RPU radio also received (only) every NOAA Weather
Radio frequency.

I just got tired of the CB crap and gave up.  I now only have an
iPhone in the car, plus a bi-directional amplifier for it.

--chip