OT: Electricity generation: "Net Billing" arrangements

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Wed Mar 23 03:46:47 CDT 2011

You need to ask the regulators.

It is different in every state in the US.

Some allow the meter to run backwards, but some put in two ratcheted
meters.  Last I saw in California (and that was about 10 years ago)
they charged 12 cents a kW/h for consumed power (retail) and about 4
cents a kW/h for electricity put back into the system (wholesale).

--chip