Serial to Ethernet

bbruhns at erols.com bbruhns at erols.com
Mon Apr 11 15:22:40 CDT 2011

They use some Digi Portserver TS4 serial - ethernet converter units where I work, and these seem to work pretty well, BUT:

I use the Tera-Term Pro terminal program with them, and for whatever reason it is best to use telnet mode, because of some binary issue that may or may not have anything to do with the Digi unit.

Over the years I have seen tricky binary issues with some usb to serial converters, and apparently these issues exist in the ethernet to serIal arena as well.  I can't be sure where the problems are really being introduced.

Bob, WA3WDR