Status update: KI4HLV

wb4jfi wb4jfi at knology.net
Wed May 11 12:18:59 CDT 2011

I enjoy using my little FT-817 and my Buddipole dipole.  Very quick to
setup portable.  I even use the Buddipole for SDR demos at hamfests and
club meetings.  The downside is the higher cost.  I also have an MP-1
vertical antenna, but I don't think those are available new anymore.
They occasionally show up on ebay.  The FT897 would give you more power
in about the same small form-factor.
Terry