Status update: KI4HLV

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Wed May 11 19:40:29 CDT 2011

Iain,

I am writing this on Frank's Computer.

I agree full heartily with Terry.  Like Terry, I have an FT-817 and
Buddipole Antenna.  I have worked stations in Europe on CW and PSK-31
with good signal reports.  My SSB contacts have been with US Stations
only on 75 and 20.

I also have the LDG Electronics Z-817 Auto Tuner for the FT-817.  It
does an excellent job and allows my computer to pass through to the
FT-817 when using Ham Radio Deluxe Software for digital modes.  When
operating digital I use the West Mountain RIGblaster P&P interface with
the 817.  A USB to 817 cable is needed to control the radio.

The FT-817, Charger for Nicad Pack, Akaline Battery Tray (AAA Cells)
,RIGblaster, Z-817, Interface cables and 24 AAA Cells fit in portable
cooler for a 6 pack of beer.  Total weight is about 6 Lbs. The Buddipole
is in it's carry bag and only weighs 9.5 Lbs.

http://www.buddipole.com/debupa.html

http://www.westmountainradio.com/content.php?page=RIGblaster

http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/1/45/1

http://www.yaesu.com/indexvs.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=102&encProdID=06014CD0AFA0702B25B12AB4DC9C0D27&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0