July meeting

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Thu Jun 23 20:36:02 CDT 2011

the pole needs a good ground in any event,
but there are two distinct problems
one can chose to address

(1) is dissipating the ground charge before it flashes over
into a strike

and

(2) trying to moderate ground-bounce when a flash-over happens

the corona brush addresses the first (1)

the grounding system addresses the second (2)

If (1) is successful, you don't need to worry about (2)

Prof. Murphy, however, suggests that such trust might be misplaced.

	cheers,
	-mo

PS - the other argument is that if (2) works reliably,
you don't need to worry about prevention (1).
see last comment above.