About 2 Weeks Ago I Renewed My Membership For 2 Years; My New AMRAD Newsletter Says "Please Renew"

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Sun Jul 10 15:20:34 CDT 2011

Well, Terry, maybe I was too blunt, but I was right.  I likely could
have worded it softer.  I don't do any of those jobs in AMRAD, as you
know, but I wear several hats in a very large origination.  I was
membership director at one point, sending out 4,000 renewal letter at
once, then process them as they came in -- that is after the person
who checks the PO Box could get them to me.  Some people would send e-
mails three DAYS after the envelope was postmarked asking why they
didn't have their membership card yet.  Figure two days in the mail
each way and it is physically impossible, so I admit, I may be more
sensitive than most.

I edit the Gun Owner Unfriendly Business for the Virginia Citizens
Defense League, and people will send in a report, but they will leave
most of the questions unanswered -- things like address and phone
number.  THEN they will write or call two days later wondering why the
business isn't on the list.  Often the business will be six hours away
and they expect me to go and check it out.  I could go on and on, but
the point is, maybe I am more sensitive than most.

Regarding Paul's response -- I have yet to see it.  I am out of town
with limited time, and I am on the Digest, so things to "pass in the
mail."  Had I seen a response, it is unlikely I would have written.
That is a problem with being on the Digest, but I have to manage both
my mail and my time.

I also realize that Tacos is pretty informal, but a direct e-mail
would seem more fitting -- but please don't think I am picking on
Richard -- I am not.

Finally, we are in agreement on one thing for sure, the volunteers
don't get near the credit they deserve.

--chip