Lates (not quite news, for those who were there) of the Hamvention

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Sat Jul 30 18:47:45 CDT 2011

The powers that be over the Dayton Hamvention speak of how difficult it would be to find an alternative venue to handle the capacity.  Browsing through my latest issue of Make 27, I see that since the Maker Faire was conceived about 7 years ago, more than 100,000 people now converge upon the San Mateo County (California) Fairgrounds during a Maker Weekend.  I grew up in San Mateo, less than a mile from the county fairgrounds.  They had nice facilities as of 12 years ago when I last lived there.  I'm sure many  fairgrounds and similar properties across the country have nice facilities and would be very eager to speak to the Hamvention staff.

I will continue to attend the Hamvention annually, not because of the Hamvention itself, but for the gathering of a few very dear friends that I do not see often enough.

Joe, N6DGY