Lates (not quite news, for those who were there) of the Hamvention

K3WRY at aol.com K3WRY at aol.com
Sat Jul 30 21:59:04 CDT 2011

All
The new Meadow Even Venue on I95 just north of Richmond,VA is a new very
large facility and grounds that also hold the state fare and would hold the
100,000 people and have have plenty of hotels, etc. in the area.  It is
also close to Kings Dominion Park which is well know venue all over the
country.
This could replace Dayton easily and is new and clean.

Joe   k3wry

In a message dated 7/30/2011 8:11:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
andre.kesteloot at verizon.net writes:

On  7/30/2011 19:47 PM, Joseph Bento wrote:
> The powers that be over the  Dayton Hamvention speak of how difficult it
would be to find an alternative  venue to handle the capacity.  Browsing
through my latest issue of Make  27, I see that since the Maker Faire was
conceived about 7 years ago, more  than 100,000 people now converge upon the San
Mateo County (California)  Fairgrounds during a Maker Weekend.  I grew up in
San Mateo, less than a  mile from the county fairgrounds.  They had nice
facilities as of 12  years ago when I last lived there.
they still do, it happens that I attend  the Maker Faire almost every
year. They also have convenient nearby  parking facilities
Of course Dayton may have been chosen originally --or be  have become
popular--  because is is 2/3 between the two Coasts  ?
73
André  N4ICK
Tacos mailing  list
Tacos at amrad.org